A card doesn't have to be perfect - just from the heart ...

Friday 22 June 2012

Quick Video Tutorial



SECRET MESSAGE CARD

My First Video Instructional






Ok, bear with me on this - it's my first instructional video!  For a card like this, a secret message card, you really need to have a video of how it functions - photos just won't do it!

Today I saw an instructional video on Pinterest on how to do this and so decided I definitely had to give it a go - so what you've seen is my "prototype" - it's obviously how I'll keep doing them but it's the first time I've ever made one so it's hastily thrown/fumbled together.

A Secret Message Card looks like a simple double-door style card.  When you open it you can see that it has a woven or panelled look.  When you open it the "secret" way, it reveals a whole other interior that will contain your "secret message".

The video I saw made use of large background stamps to make the inside of the card one big design, but as you can see I decided since I don't have background stamps that it'd be easier for now to just decorate each individual panel.  You can pretty much do whatever you want with it, but I don't think you can stick anything over all the panels to hide them or it wouldn't work.  I might experiment more with that.

It's a sweet little card that I think people of all ages will enjoy - my son, Brin, got a kick out of opening and closing it over and over!  And it reminds me of a "magic trick" my husband's grandfather made for me - so I guess now I know his secret!

I think I'd better make him one of these cards so he knows the jig is up ;) hehe

Anyway, I hope this video is of some help - I'm going to get a better tripod so that I can actually film from a reasonable distance next time! hehe






Happy Messaging!

Dani :)




1 comment: