A card doesn't have to be perfect - just from the heart ...

Saturday 19 May 2012

Kids Corny Cards




ANIMAL JOKE MINI BIRTHDAY CARDS





I've been busy busy busy in recent weeks with my son, which got me thinking I don't really make that many kids cards - challenge accepted!

Being a weekend chock-full of soccer, I had limited time to get stuff done so went for some very simplistic but cute cards.  Plus kids are not so gentle, let's be honest.  Once I spent DAYS making my son a giant (binder sized), super amazing mickey mouse card with disney characters that sprung out when he opened it.  He destroyed it in the blink of an eye.  He now appreciates even the most basic card that I make - he's at an age where they're ALL amazing to him!  I love that :)

No step by step photos for this lot, but it's not really necessary.  The animals were made with die cutters and my cuttlebug - Lion, Dog and Kangaroo are Cuttlekids dies (why should kids have all the fun??) and the Penguin is by QuicKutz.  The rest is faily self explanatory, with die-cut animals stuck to white card, stuck to colour card, stuck to base card.  I then found some corny animal jokes on the internet and, after typing it up and print it out, I put the question on the front and the answer (plus Happy Birthday!!) on the inside.

Finished up with some cute little buttons (one of my favourite embellishments!) and jewels :)


Kids could easily make cards like this too!

The (terrible) jokes I used are as follows:

Q:  On what day do Lions eat people?
A:  Chewsday!

Q:  What do Penguins sing on a Birthday?
A:  "Freeze a jolly good fellow!"

Q:  What do you get when you cross a Kangaroo and a Sheep?
A:  A woolley jumper!

Q:  What dog loves bubble baths?
A:  A Shampoodle!!


Happy Joking!

Dani :)

No comments:

Post a Comment