A card doesn't have to be perfect - just from the heart ...

Saturday 7 April 2012

Mini Mushroom Card



MINI MUSHY CARD

Getting Your Pun On!





I wanted to make something simple for Mum's birthday that was in-keeping with my dodgy sense of humour.  I'm certain she'll roll her eyes when she sees this!!  My Mini Mushy Card!




 
Stamp your mushroom image onto watercolour paper.  Colour the image in your preferred style (one option would be this).

 




Fussy cut your mushroom!!  This means cut around every little bit of it.  Scissors with awesome control and a fine tip are good for this task and I recommend ones like mine, which are spring loaded (like pruning shears).





I envy those of you with neat and creative handwriting!  Personally, my handwriting looks like it was written with a baboon's butt so...I cheated and typed up my sentiment on the computer!

Cut to size (about 7cm by 2cm).





Cut out the coloured pieces of card.  I have nice shimmery rockmelon and lime coloured card - I cut the rockmelon coloured card to be about 8cm by 3cm, then I cut the lime card to be about 9cm by 4cm.

Once cut out, ink the edges of the rockmelon and lime card pieces with ink of a similar colour.  This is a simple and subtle way of adding a tiny bit of dimension to your card.  Edge inking is also awesome for disguising dodgy cutting! hehe

Not seen in my pictures is also a postage stamp shaped piece of rockmelon card, which I will mount the mushrooms on - I had previously cut this out with my Cuttlebug.  This was a last minute addition -  Ink the edge of this also!





Ok, time to get sticky!  I prefer double-sided tape to glue because it's less messy and there's no drying time.  BUT once it's stuck that's it, no little adjustments.

I've applied double sided tape to the backs of the Mushy sentiment, lime card and also (not pictured) the postage stamp cut out.

I've applied foam tape to the mushrooms and the rockmelon card to give the card a bit more dimension.

One your card layer lime, rockmelon and sentiment at the top.  Beneath that, centred, layer the postage stamp and then the mushrooms.



VOILA!!  Done!


 

Happy Card Making!

Dani :)


No comments:

Post a Comment